Blog #3 (part 2) : Fil-Chi in The Philippines.

Fil-Chi


I've grown up in a Christian Filipino-Chinese school since my nursery years until high school, that's why I am not writing this blog by ear. I know my environment. For me, it's not quite normal to ask my classmates or my Fil-Chi or pure Chinese friends why did they want to live here in the Philippines, wherein they can live in their homeland--China, or in Hong Kong or Taiwan, or even Mongolia? I find it inappropriate.


Since this is a requirement, I dared myself asking a handful of my friends. The reason why they decided to make a living here in the Philippines, is because, first of all, their ancestors decided to reside here in the Philippines where they were free to be humans, where in contrary to their homeland, where they were treated as robots dictated under a drastic communist ruler.


Also, the way of living here in our place is way better than their fore-fathers' place. No wonder how they are slowly dominating the Philippines. (Hahaha!) Everywhere you look, it's all MADE IN CHINA. From school supplies, home appliances, to under garments and et al, everything is from their homeland. But the most heart-warming statement that I got from one of my friends is that "…iba pa rin mag-trato at magmahal nag Pinoy. Simply the best!"



Ken Saavedra

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment